OUR COVID-19 POLICIES
Our policies are subject to guidance from New York State and the CDC.
Thank you for working with us to ensure a safe, social and fun experience for everyone!
Here are some guidelines you can expect when participating in our programs:
- 100% of the Helen Hayes Youth Theatre staff have been fully vaccinated
- Masks are required for all staff and students while indoors until further notice.
- Masks may be removed outdoors and during snack/breaks. Face shields, provided by us, will be worn for dress rehearsals and performances.
- In order to limit the number of students in the rehearsal studios and theater, we are offering more programs so that we can keep our cast sizes down.
- Students will be encouraged to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after entering class and before/after eating.
- Our professional custodial service has increased the frequency and intensity of the studio and theater cleaning and disinfecting.
- While social distancing is no longer mandated, staff, students and visitors are encouraged to maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- If your child falls ill or has been exposed to anyone testing positive for COVID-19, we ask that you inform us as soon as possible.
- In the event you/your child has had exposure or has otherwise been instructed to quarantine for any reason, please contact our office so we can help make informed decisions about the safety of other students and staff members.
- If we receive any reports of an active student or staff member testing positive for COVID-19, anyone that had direct contact with that individual will be notified. Please keep an open line of communication with us to ensure everyone is safe!
- In the event your child cannot attend class due to illness we can arrange for students to ZOOM in to their regularly scheduled class.